There is often confusion between a report and essay, and most of the time used in a wrong context. Report writing is more likely to be required mainly for business or in the workplace, as well as scientific and technical subjects. The main difference is, essays demonstrate logical reasoning and arguments while reports focus on facts. Therefore, report writing is a factual document that determines a particular problem or situation, as well as suggesting recommendation for future use. Requirements may vary whenever you are writing a report that is why it is very crucial to understand and check if there are any standard guidelines or structure before you begin writing. A well-structured report is very important as it leads your reader through your analysis to a course of action or decision.
Here are some of the helpful tips on how to get started on report writing:
- First of all, you need to have a full understanding of what you are going to study and to whom it will be written. In addition, make sure that you also know why you are preparing it and propel the reader to take an action, make a decision or suggest recommendation after reading the report.
- During your time of planning and writing, make sure that you always remember your brief at all times and concentrate writing about it on your report. This means that anything which is not related or relevant should not be incorporated and must be discarded.
- Upon reading and conducting research, structure your report writing into corresponding sections by them, similar to Literature Review writing.
- In academic context, maintain track of a complete list of your references while in the workplace, you need to keep your sources of information in order to validate a statement and fact being presented.
- Report writing includes an executive summary, introduction, the main body, and a chapter which contains your conclusions and recommendations, if any. You can ask an expert advice from a reliable colleague or seek professional guidance from a trusted Report Writing Help in Dubai.
Different Components of Report Writing
- Executive Summary: It is usually written at the last part of the process which presents the overall summary of the report. Always keep in mind that this section is written in a concise and straightforward manner therefore it should be not more than one page in length.
- Introduction: It provides a brief summary of the problem being discussed and sets out what you intend to impart and what you will conclude.
- Main Body: It is ideally structured into different sections relating areas for consideration or the theme of your subject. The purpose of the main body of your report writing is to set out the main issue with clarity and settle any areas of disagreement.
- Conclusions: the whole summary of the report, drawing inferences from the entire process about what has been discovered and explain the impact of those findings or decisions.
- Recommendations: It suggests improvements of certain situations and it must be exact, attainable and measurable. In case that your recommendations have any financial implication, you should highlight it clearly with approximate costs whenever possible.
Similar to any academic papers such as assignment or any project writing, it is highly recommended to check if all information included in your report is relevant and accurate. If you hire a professional Report Writing Help in Dubai, writers who have strong expertise and background in the industry are able to produce error-free academic papers. Moreover, a 100% original content will be produced as they do not tolerate any act of plagiarism.